Nepal is country with one of the best landscapes in the world with stunning scenic beauty. It has been a tourism destination for people around the world for past hundreds of years. With 1310 magnificent mountains above 6000m, Nepal boasts of many fascinating places. Nepal is world famous for trekking, mountaineering, wildlife tourism, bird watching, jungle safari, river rafting and much adventurous stuff along with ethnic heritages and cultural richness.
Here, we have come up with 5 places in Nepal that you must, we repeat, YOU MUST VISIT BEFORE YOU DIE. Believe us; these places will blow your mind.
1. Rara Lake: Rara Lake tops them all. Situated in an altitude of 2990 m above sea level, Rara is the biggest lake of Nepal covering an area of 10.8 kilometers. The lake is surrounded by Rara National Park that protects unique and vulnerable species of flora and fauna. This shimmering blue jewel set in a ring of snowy peaks gives you fascinating, magnificent and marvelous views you’d have ever seen.
2. Everest Base Camp: You cannot find more spectacular place that the Everest region where four of the world’s six tallest peaks Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu and Mt. Cho Oyu rise above everything else. The Everest Base Camp offers you one of the grandest walk with astounding mountain views and glimpses of the life of world famous Sherpas. On the way, you get opportunities to go sightseeing around Sagarmatha National Park, a home to large varieties of Himalayan floras and faunas. Trip to this place shall the most gratifying event of your life.
3. Upper Mustang: The Upper Mustang trek brings you into the hidden world of the old Buddhist kingdom of Mustang, also called Lo which used to be part of the Tibetan empire, and is therefore closely related to Tibet. Not only the culture, but also the landscape is very much related to Tibet. Mustang lies in the rain shadow of the Dhaulagiri and you walk in a complete desolate landscape, surrounded by rocks in all kind of colors and bizarre formations. In this barren landscape the villages with their bright colored fields are like oases. The culture of the people living there is one of the major attractions for tourists and visitors alike.
4. Annapurna Base Camp: Ask any travel agencies in Nepal for best trekking destination, most of them will have one answer – Annapurna Base Camp. Go during spring, and you will witness luscious rhododendron forests which gives you majestic feel. Annapurna Base Camp is one of the most popular treks in Annapurna region that takes you to closer to the Annapurna range. It combines so many different landscapes that you perhaps will experience one of the best adventures in your life.
5. Tilicho Lake: Tilicho Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world at an altitude of 4919 meters located in the Annapurna range of the Himalayas in Manang district. It provides one of the most heart-throbbing views that will remain in your eyes for long time. It is an extremely adventurous terrain that provides you a very revitalizing experience. It was also the site of one of the highest ever altitude scuba divers. There are many trekking agencies in Nepal that will guide you to this enormously beautiful lake.