Mt. Kailash (6714m) is the most sacred mountain in Asia. It is believed to be the physical embodiment of the mythical Mt Meru, said to be the center of the universe or ‘navel of the world’ . Mt. Meru is depicted as a mandala, and its image occurs throughout both Buddhista and Hindu parts of Asia. Mt Kailas is holy to followers of four religions. To Hindus, Kailash is the abode of Shiva and nearby Manasarobar Lake is the means or soul of Brahma. Tibetans call Kailas Kang Rimpoche. Jains worship it as Mt Ashtapada, the peak from which the religion’s founder, Rishabanatha, achieved spiritual liberation. Followers of Bon-Po, the ancient pre- Buddhist shamanistic religion of Tibet, revere Kailas as the soul of Tibet. Mt. Kailash has long been an object of worship for four Major religious, for Hindu, it is domain of Shiva, It is also the abode of samvara-a multiarmed, wrathful deity worshipped in the chakrasamvara Tantric cycle of Tibetrian Buddhism.
Day By Day Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, meet by our officer and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Visit Pashupatinath darshan. Program briefing at the evening, dinner, overnight stay in Katmandu (Hotel).
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi (1600m / 145 km / 6.5 hrs) or Timure (1800m / 157 km / 7 hrs). Overnight at normal Lodge.
Day 04: Drive to Rasuwagadhi (1950m / 15 km / 45 min from Syabrubesi), then complete immigration & custom formalities in Nepal & Tibet side at Rasuwagadhi, then continue further drive to Kerung town (2900m) – 1hrs / 35 km. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 05: Drive to Saga (4400m / 150 km / 4 hrs). Overnight at Hotel
Day 06: Short walking to Bramaputra river and Rest day in Saga for acclimatization. Overnight at Hotel
Day 07: Drive, Saga to Lake Manasarovar (4600m) – 9 hrs / 510 km. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 08: Puja / holy dip in Lake Manasarovar & drive to Darchen (4700m) by afternoon after lunch – 1hr/ 40 km. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 09: Drive to Yama Dwar (9 km / 30 min), start Parikarma on foot to Diraphuk (4950m) – 5 hrs / 12 km. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 10: Parikarma continues, Diraphuk to Zuthulphuk (4950m) crossing Dolma La Pass (5600m) enroute – 8-10 hrs / 22 km. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 11: Our Parikarma continues upto near Darchen (2 hrs / 08 km) and then drive to Darchen for lunch and meet all group members then continue drive to Saga (4400m /9 hrs / 560 km. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 12: Drive to Kerung County – 150 km / 4 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu via Rasuwagadhi border completing immigration formalities – 8-10 hrs / 195 km. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 14: After breakfast, departure to the airport for your flight to home or further program accordingly.
Options for early departure or you use your extra day for Himalayan mountain flight, Manakamana road trip, or Muktinath tour. (Contact Samrat Tours & Travels for more information about option day trip at additional cost) .
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra By Overland Via Kerung- 14 Days
(Guaranteed Fixed Departure Date 2021)
|Months||Kathmandu Arrival Dates|
|May||10, 17, 20 (Full Moon Trip), 24, 26, 31|
|June||07, 10, 14, 18 (Full Moon Trip), 21, 28|
|July||05, 12, 18 (Full Moon Trip), 19, 26|
|August||02, 09, 16 (Full Moon Trip), 21, 23, 30|
|September||06, 13, 14 (Full Moon Trip), 20, 27|
- NRIS / Foreigners shall arrive in Kathmandu 03 working days in advance than above mentioned date for visa processing.
- Highlighted dates are full moon trip to Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
|Tour Package||Cost On Per Person Basis|
|14 Days Package By Deluxe Bus Safari|
INR 145000.00 For Indian Passport Holder
USD 2490.00 For NRI/Foreign Passport Holder
|(Including 3 Extra Night In Kathmandu For Visa Processing)|
|Upgrade 5 star hotel on twin sharing basis.||USD 155.00 Per Person|
|Extra days in Kathmandu on 3 star hotel (If 5 star Hotel, Cost will be extra.)||USD 45.00 Per Person|
|Tirthapuri visit||USD 195.00 Per Person|
|Ashtapada visit||USD 55.00 Per Person|
Additional USD 300 will be applicable if the Tibetan government applies the rule of 17 tourists per bus in Tibet side.
- Two nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu(3-4 star) on twin/triple sharing with vegetarian meals
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- All necessary transfers in Kathmandu (arrival / departure)
- Kathmandu – Rasuwagadhi – Kathmandu transfers by private touristbus (non a/c)
- One night accommodation in Syabrubesi or Timurewith vegetarian meals (basic guesthouse)
- Tibet group visa& all necessary permits
- All necessary Tibet permit including Parikrama of Kailash & Manasarovar
- All accommodation in Tibet in Guesthouse (dormitory room)
- All vegetarian meals in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Transportation in Tibet by deluxe bus
- Supporting truck to carry logistics
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Necessary supporting crew (tour manager, cook, helpers &sherpas)
- Yaks & Yak men during the Parikrama (to carry foods and equipment)
- Entry fees (Kailash & Manasarovar)
- Medical kit bag &oxygen for emergency use
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- International air ticket to Kathmandu & return
- Nepal entry visa fee for NRIs
- Your travel insurance
- Rescue and evacuation service
- Personal expenses
- Asthapad Darshan (not allow by vehicle, you can go by trekking if Army permits)
- Horse for riding during the Parikrama
- Bottled drinks
- Tips for guide & driver
- Extra night accommodation& meal cost in Kathmandu in case of early arrival from Kailash
- Any additional cost (transport, hotel, visa split charge) that occurs due to illness or rescue of the member
- Any additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances
MODEL OF PAYMENTS
- 20 days prior to tour departure date, 100% of the total cost should reach Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd account by telex transfer with the copy of passport of client.
TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
- All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written. Verbal cancellations will not be entertained.
- 20 days before trip departure 10% of total trip cost.
- 15 days before trip departure 50% of total trip cost.
- 10 days before trip departure 90% of total trip cost.
- 07 days and less departure 100% of total trip cost.
IMPORTANT PRE-DEPARTURE INFORMATION:
Casual wears and comfortable walking shoes are recommended to travel to Tibet. Be sure to bring warm clothing as nights and early mornings can be quite chilly to downright cold. Indian woman Pilgrims strictly advisable no Sari. Bring all the film, medicine, cosmetics, personal toilet items etc. that you will need from home as these are difficult if not impossible to obtain on the way. A small first aid kit is also a good idea. Also quite useful to have a route map, to know where you are going and have been each day.
What To Take:
Winter wear: Gore-Tex material though expensive is highly recommended. Down jacket, raincoat or windbreakers, thermal under wears, Jackets, warm trousers & woolen shirts (cotton will also do), warm sweaters, woolen gloves, sun hat, sun glass, comfortable shoes, light leather boots in case of snow, woolen balaclava (‘monkey cap’) & scarf/dust mask to protect your eyes & nose from dust.
Bring With You:
Snacks along the way. Chocolates, dry fruit, toffees, glucose; ‘namkeen’ etc. Strong water bottle & water purifying tablets. Personal medical kit and Diamox tablet (for high altitude). Sun glasses (to protect your eyes from UV, which is especially strong in high altitudes). Sun block or sun screen lotion, wet tissues (Fresh-ones are excellent to wipe off the dust), clothes-line/clips, needle & thread, deo-spray (handy for smelly boots/feet and for a round of spray in the toilet tent!), toilet paper, torch & spare batteries, daypack (small shoulder bag), Camera & films, Binocular.
This is one of the toughest high altitude road journeys on earth. You Must be physically fit – no two ways about that. Generally patients with asthma & heart problems have a problem acclimatizing to high altitudes. In your interests it is essential you should be examined by your doctor to know about your health condition and your ability to cope up with the rigors of high altitude travel for days in ‘no road’ conditions, extreme cold, dust, trekking to an altitude of 19500ft during the Parikrama, etc.
As you are traveling over high terrain, you are likely to experience symptoms and discomfort of altitude sickness (headache, loss of appetite, nausea, exhaustion, sleeplessness, breathlessness etc.) until your body adjusts to the elevation. This can take a couple of days or more depending on an individual. For this reason alone, we have made it mandatory to stay 2 nights at Nylam (12000ft) before moving on to the higher altitudes. Drink plenty of water, be calm, and do not exercise. Do not drink alcohol or smoke prior to and during the tour. We also recommend you carry a strip of diamox tablets. Do consult your physician on the dosage. We provide Gamow bag (a special equipment to prevent sickness from high altitude) on this tour.
The unit of Chinese currency is Yuan. USD 1 = 6.50 Yuan. 1 Yuan = INR 11.00 approx, Money can exchange at Bank or money changer.
Risks & Liability:
Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conduct strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd and its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay arrival, delay issue of permit and visa, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.